Monday, August 16, 2010

Flaming Gorge

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take the kids up to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I've been there quite a few times already, but had never driven myself. I'm usually the one asleep or reading a book on the passengers seat, not really paying attention to where we are going. Besides missing the exit on the way there, the drive was great!

This was the only picture of me on this trip. Izzy took it, after my thursday run. It was hard to run on the dirt roads and higher altitude.

I took the girls for a hike, while grandpa and Cam went fishing.

The bibi guns were a success! The kids shot so many cans into the creek.

We roasted marshmallows every night. The kids loved telling jokes and stories around the fire.

One of my favorite things is watching all the humming birds. Grandma is always filling up the bird feeders, but never seems to have enough. There are so many of them!

The kids are always just happy with the creek. The run up and down chasing plastic boats, cans, or whatever they can find. Who needs expensive toys right???

Of course we had to catch some crawdads. The kids love to look for them. My niece Crystal really wanted to do it, until she started doing it...then she gave up.


I know this picture is blurry, but I could not believe the size of this bee. It was huge!!!

The kids playing in the lake. They love swimming, diving, jumping.





Crystal kneeboarding. It was her first time.

Cam was really brave this time. He has never really been into kneeboarding. This trip I couldn't get him back in the boat. He was loving it!

We had such a good time thanks to grandma and grandpa Hoover that we will be going back this week. Thanks again for everything!

0 comments: