Monday, July 13, 2009

Mt. Olympus Trail

So after the kids left on Friday, Amos and I decided to go on a long hike. I read on this UT outdoor magazine about a few great trails to hit this summer. So I wanted something challenging.

We missed bootcamp training on Thursday to spend time with the kids, so I needed to make up for that workout, plus our usual Friday workout. After some thought we decided on Mt. Olympus trail.

The view was amazing. The hike was hard, but worth the view.

Me at the top. I almost didn't make it. So glad I kept going!

Amazing view of the Salt Lake Valley. From up there you could see the Point of the Mountain, the Great Salt Lake... it was incredible!

We were sitting down enjoying an apple and all of sudden I heard this noise. I turned around to see what it was, and to my surprise there was a rattle snake about 2 feet away from me. I jumped up as fast as I could and starting telling Amos, as soft as I could through my panic, that there was a rattle snake next to me. I was nervous the rest of the hike. I turned to look at every noise I heard.

Old Mill golf course.

It was so hot on Friday. We started the hike a little late in the day (10:45am). So on the way back, when we came across this creek I had to wash my arms and face. The water was very cool. It felt great to rinse some of the sweat off!



Amos at the top.

Amos enjoying some delicious almonds on our first break.

0 comments: