Friday, February 18, 2011

Thanksgiving

Last year's Thanksgiving was very different. I was in Brazil, where Thanksgiving is not celebrated.

I didn't grow up celebrating it. In fact, when I moved to Utah, I had not idea what it was all about. Over the years it has become one of my favorite holidays. It's nice to have a day where all you care about is spending time with loved ones, feeling grateful for all you have.

This day always makes me realize how much I have. How lucky I am to have the friends and family that I have. Life is so fragile. Sometimes we get so caught up with what's going wrong instead of all the things that are going right. It's not always easy to remember that our glass is half full.

Before I left for Brazil I decided that a Thanksgiving dinner there would be a perfect way to spend time with loved ones. I had to take a few ingredients from here and make do without others, but it turned out perfect!

My aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was such a great night! We haven't all been together likes that in so many years. Such a special picture!

Our dear family friend Claudio and his wife. So many great memories with him. My brothers and I spent countless hours with him.

My mom and her siblings. It's been a few years since they've all been together. It was great to have Tia Noemi come from Japan at the same time my mom and I did.

Mika wanting to be part of the conversation. I love this picture! She sits in the car or on the furniture like she's a human being.

Claudio's little boy totally in love with Thor.



My aunt and uncle. Beautiful couple!

0 comments: