Saturday, February 19, 2011

Christmas

It took me a while to get in the Holiday Spirit. Going to Brazil, moving in december, and everything else that goes on around holidays kept me really busy.

We normally have our Christmas decorations up on Thanksgiving weekend, not last year. We moved on December 12th. We didn't get decorations up until December 18th. At first it felt like a waste. Dragging all the boxes upstairs and decorating the house, but I'm glad we did it. We always have so much fun doing it.

Our tree this year. The kids do most of the decorating. They are getting better at decorating the whole tree and not just one side.

Cam and Izzy having fun.

Amos and I trying to untangle some of the ornaments.


Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I know a lot of people don't like how crazy it gets, but I love it! I love deciding on the menu for Christmas Eve dinner, getting the piano books out to play Christmas Carols, cooking, making candy with my sisters, seeing the kid's faces when they open their presents, amigo secreto with my family, I love everything about it!

Last year we talked to Cam and Izzy about Santa. They already didn't really believe in it, so we explained to them how the Santa tradition came about. I was surprised by how ok they were with it.

So this year they knew that if they weren't good mom and dad wouldn't give them anything...not really, i just love using it against them. I don't think I've ever gotten this much help on Christmas Eve. Cam and Izzy wouldn't stop asking me what else they could do to get the house and dinner ready. Izzy and Crystal set up the dinner table, Cam and Amos got aprons on to help me with dinner. It was great!



The "amigo secreto" is always so much fun! After so many years of doing it, I'm amazed at how many new funny things we can say about each other. I love how my family is so into the game!

A couple of years ago, we also decided to start singing Christmas Carols again. That is really the only time a year I play the piano. It's fun to gather around. It brings back lots of good memories.




Cam and Izzy on Christmas morning. This year my mom was living with us. We normally go to bed between 2-3am on Christmas Eve. My mom is used to sleeping in, but not this year! The kids made sure she was up early to open Christmas presents. She could barely walk upstairs! It was quite funny.

Then continuing on with traditions, we went to Gil and Becky's for more Christmas fun. This year Grandma and Grandpa Hoover couldn't make it. It felt very strange not having them there.
All the grandkids had such a great time! Cam looooved his new pogo stick! Izzy loved all of her arts and crafts supplies!





To end the day Amos and I decided we should always have dinner at our house. I love cooking! It was fun to plan two meals for Christmas. Most of his family came over. We had a great time over great food and conversation.

Cam, Izzy, Quinton, and Avry playing my favorite childhood game "Tapa Certo". My siblings and I spent so many hours playing it. Not sure why we don't have it here. It's so fun!

We had a great Christmas! Everything was perfect! Can't wait for next year!

0 comments: