Monday, May 25, 2009

Moab

For Memorial weekend Amos and I went to Moab with some friends. We had a lot of fun. Only adults came, so we were able to do a lot more than we normally would when we have the kids.

Aunt Rhonda took our kids for the weekend. It was very nice of her to watch both of our kids. They had a lot of fun with her.

We left on Thursday after Grandma Eaton's funeral.

On friday we went biking on the Slick Rock trail. I was very nervous. I had never gone mountain biking before. It was hard, but very fun. It started raining half way trough the ride. The rock was very slick. Althought Trish had a little accident, we all made it back in one piece.






After our ride we went to the Moab Brewery, played a little pool, and had a few drinks.


On Saturday we went kayaking. The water level on the river was very high. We thought that meant the rapids would be calmer, but it meant the exact opposite. I was glad, because it made it a lot more fun and exciting.




After Kayaking we went to Castle Creek Winery. We tried a few different wines.

Then I decided I wanted to see what a tatoo would look like on my foot. I've always wanted one. So at the arts festival I had one airbrushed. I wouldn't get a butterfly for a real one. But I think I like the idea of having one. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get it.

On Sunday we went hiking on the Corona Arch trail. It was a short and easy hike. The view was beautiful. It was very sunny, and hot.





It was a very fun weekend. I definetely want to go back and go on different hikes and mountain bike trails.

1 comments:

Natalie and Aaron said...

Hey Erika! Long time no talk! Looks like you guys had a blast. Moab is so much fun, and no kids too :)