Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!

I've been wanting to run a half marathon for a while now, but have never had the courage to sign up. But Amos got into running this year and decided he really wanted to run one, so I decided why not???

At first I was super excited. I followed the 12 week training perfectly. As the weeks went on it got harder and harder, but I was still determined to run it.

October 9th came so fast! I was sooo nervous! But I figured I'm already signed up, might as well run.

It was harder than I thought! I did finish it in less than 2 1/2 hours, which was my goal. I was tired, but seeing my kids waiting for me gave me the energy to keep running and cross the finish line.

I will definitely run another one. I will train a little more though, so I can improve my time.

Amos on the other hand, did great! He's so fit! I was so impressed! He finished 2nd in his age division and 33rd overall. He ran the half marathon in 1 hour and 45 minutes! He motivates me so much!





0 comments: